- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: Makes 4
Skip the ice cream in these banana splits. A healthier alternative using cottage cheese or yogurt, great for dessert or a fun breakfast.
Photo credit: Lick My Spoon
- 4 large bananas, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese or nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 4 maraschino cherries, fresh cherries or red grapes
- Wash the bananas, cut a slit down the center stopping 1-inch shy of the ends. Using scissors, cut the skin 1/2-inch away from the slit.
- Carefully scoop out the banana and mix with the cottage cheese.
- Fill the banana peels with the mixture, sprinkle the peanuts over and a cherry on top.