- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: Makes 1 loaf
Consider adding blueberries to your banana bread to make this cozy afternoon snack.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cups plus one tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- In a small bowl, mix blueberries with 1 tablespoon of flour; set aside.
- Combine remaining flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix together bananas, buttermilk, butter and egg.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.