- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 4 hr
- Total: 4 hr 5 min
- Serving: 4 servings
A crunchy oriental-inspired chicken breast slow cooker dinner.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2-3 cups sliced celery
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can bamboo shoots
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Chow mein noodles
- Mix the chicken, celery, onion, soy sauce, cayenne pepper and broth in a greased slow cooker. Cook covered for 3-4 hours on low.
- Stir in the bean sprouts, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots. Combine the flour with the water in a small bowl and stir into the slow cooker.
- Cook covered for 1 more hour. Serve over the noodles.