- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4
- 1 Â¼ pound yellow (or green) wax beans, ends trimmed
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- Bring a medium sized pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in the salt and sugar.
- Add the beans and boil until crisp tender, about 5 minutes.
- Alternatively, place in a microwave-safe container with 2 tablespoons of water and microwave partially covered on HIGH for 2 to 3 minutes or until beans are crisp tender.
- Drain beans and dunk them in a bowl of cold water to halt cooking.
- Drain again and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place beans on a large serving plate.
- Place balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil until the vinegar has reduced to about a Â¼ cup and thickened to a shiny syrup.
- Quickly remove from heat and drizzle over the beans. The syrup may thicken as it cools.
- To thin for a pouring consistency, add a tablespoon of hot water and stir.