- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Serve this summer salad as a refreshing side to your main dish meal, or enjoy it alone accompanied with a bottle of Pinot Gris or Pinot Grigio.
- 6 large ripe tomatoes, cored
- 2 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- fresh basil leaves
- sea salt and fresh pepper
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- Slice the tomatoes and artfully arrange on a platter in rows, alternating with the basil leaves and the slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Place the oil and balsamic vinegar into a bowl and gently stir to combine.
- Drizzle the dressing over the tomato mixture and then sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and pepper. Place the salad in the refrigerator for 20 minutes prior to serving.