- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Thin and tender pieces of chicken breast are smothered in a delicious sweet and tangy balsamic soy sauce. Serve with a side of rice to soak up all of the wonderful flavors.
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken breast cutlets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 2 pieces
- Sprinkle the chicken cutlets on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and the olive oil, coating the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook, turning twice, until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside keeping warm.
- Deglaze the pan by adding the vinegar and scraping up any browned bits with a spatula. After 2 minutes, add the soy sauce and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer and then remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the butter and season the sauce with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve.