- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
These sweet and savory balsamic-glazed chicken tenders will easily become a family favorite. Serve with a side of steamed asparagus and garnish with some finely shredded orange peel.
- 1 small orange juiced
- Peel of 1 small orange, finely shredded
- 2/3 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom or 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the orange juice, applesauce, vinegar, cardamom and a few pinches of salt and freshly ground pepper into a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
- Sprinkle the chicken tenders on both sides with salt and pepper and then place in a large skillet coated with the olive oil. Brown the chicken over medium-high heat for 4 minutes then add 1/2 cup of the orange juice mixture to the pan and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Place the chicken tenders onto serving plates, spoon on the remaining orange sauce and then garnish with the finely shredded peel. Serve immediately.