- Prep: 3 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 3 min
- Serving: 16
A sweet but strong blend, this dark vinegar enriches lightly cooked vegetables, grilled chicken or roasted salmon. Try a tablespoon or two in a marinara sauce or spritz on steamed brown rice.
- 6 dried figs, halved
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 cups of balsamic vinegar
- Combine the ingredients in a glass bottle or jar.
- Seal and store in a cool, dark place for at least 3 weeks, shaking occasionally.
- The longer the vinegar sits, the stronger the flavors will be.
- You may strain the vinegar to remove the figs and rosemary but you may also want them in the bottle or jar for longer lasting flavor.
- Be sure they are fully immersed by adding more vinegar to the bottle or jar as needed.
- If flavors become too strong, simply dilute with more vinegar.