- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 2 min
- Total: 7 min
- Serving: Makes about 1/4 cup
Balsamic cream is a reduction of classic Balsamic vinegar, with a wonderful sweet-and-sour fruity flavor and syrupy consistency.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pour the balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil the vinegar for 2 minutes until reduced by half.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and pepper together with a whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk the vinegar into the sugar mixture until well blended.