- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 6-8 People
This baked ziti vegetarian casserole recipe is a classic Italian dish with a vegetarian twist.
- 16 ounces ziti pasta, cooked al dente and drained
- 2, 16-ounce jars of your favorite marinara sauce
- 1 package of frozen spinach, thawed, drained, and lightly squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 4 cups of mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ziti and marinara sauce. Mix until ziti pasta is thoroughly coated.
- In a separate bowl, combine ricotta cheese and spinach. Mix until thoroughly integrated.
- Pour half of the ziti sauce mixture into a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish. Then, put dabs of the ricotta cheese-spinach mixture evenly over the pasta.
- Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese over the ricotta mixture. Next, pour the rest of the pasta marinara mixture evenly over the mozzarella.
- Sprinkle the remaining of the mozzarella over the pasta.
- Lastly, sprinkle the Parmesan over the mozzarella and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place the tray on the middle rack of your oven.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes. Remove and continue to bake for 15 minutes. Let stand 3-5 minutes after cooking.