- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 16 min
- Total: 26 min
- Serving: 32
Baked tortilla chips add a welcome crunch to chili, salsa or dips. Chips take well to seasoning, particularly chili powder, ground cumin, and garlic salt.
- 4 flour or corn tortillas
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Â¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and cover a large baking sheet with foil.
- Brush both sides of tortillas with olive oil.
- Stack tortillas and cut into 8 wedges using a sharp knife, yielding 32 chips.
- Place chips in a single layer on baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and other seasonings, if desired. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes and flip chips over with tongs or a spatula.
- Bake another 7 to 8 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
- Chips will continue to crisp as they cool.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.