- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 4-6 servings
A crunchy, baked tomato side dish.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1-1/2 cups breadcrumbs, toasted and divided
- Scant 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a baking dish.
- Mix together the tomatoes with 1 cup of the breadcrumbs, sugar, onion, and butter. Spread into the prepared pan and sprinkle the remaining breadcrumbs over.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly browned.