- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 8
Baked Stuffed Tomatoes with Mushrooms is a wonderful combination of flavors and textures.
- 8 medium tomatoes, hollowed out and drained
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttered crumbs
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Saute onions and mushrooms in butter until soft. Add parsley, cook until wilted. Thicken with flour and salt. Add sour cream and heat, do not simmer, for five minutes.
- Set tomatoes in baking dish and fill with mixture. Top with buttered crumbs and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.