- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 26 min
- Total: 36 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Italian omelets, otherwise known as frittata, are both easy and nutritious. Try this recipe for your next breakfast or Sunday brunch.
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 4 ounces thinly sliced, cooked ham, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, basil and pepper in a medium-sized bowl until well combined.
- Place the butter in an oven-safe 10-inch frying pan and sauté the onion for about 6 minutes until soft.
- Take the pan off the heat and mix in the spinach, ham and the egg mixture.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake the omelet for about 15 minutes until a knife inserted into the center tests clean.
- Remove the omelet from the oven and sprinkle with the cheese. Cover the omelet and let the cheese melt for about 5 minutes before slicing.