- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 35 min
A savory, easy baked spaghetti casserole that tastes great and makes terrific leftovers.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes with liquid, cut up
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, sauté onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add tomatoes and oregano. Add ground beef. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Place half of the spaghetti in greased 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish. Top with half beef mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Repeat layers.
- Mix the soup and water until smooth, pour over the casserole. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30-35 minutes.