- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: Serves 4 people
Great for a special breakfast or brunch, Baked Potato with Eggs combines typical breakfast foods for a unique treat. Garnish with sour cream and chives.
- 2 baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 precooked sausages, diced
- 4 large eggs
- Sour cream for garnish
- Fresh chives for garnish
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Scrub the potatoes and pierce them with a fork.
- Bake the potatoes for about 45 minutes, or until they are tender.
- When finished, cut the potatoes in half. Scoop out the soft potatoes into a bowl and stir in the butter and Parmesan cheese.
- Add the sausage to the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the potato halves, leaving a small hollow spot in the center of each.
- Break one egg into each of the hollows. Arrange the potatoes on a baking sheet and cook 10-15 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Garnish with sour cream and chives.