- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Total: 1 hr 45 min
- Serving: 8
Baked Potato Torte is a great party dish.
- 3 medium onions, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 3 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 stick margarine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 pounds potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- bread crumbs
- Heat margarine and oil in skillet and saute the first five ingredients until soft, about 12 minutes.
- Add sauteed vegetables to mashed potatoes. Add cheese, eggs and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Butter a 9 by 13 inch baking pan and sprinkle with bread crumbs to coat.
- Spread the potato mixture in pan and sprinkle with additional bread crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until top is crusty brown. Serve hot.