- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 10 Servings
Enjoy this side dish of baked potatoes made with two different kinds of cheese. You can substitute the sour cream with plain Greek-style yogurt.
- 7 cups coarsely chopped small red potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 8-ounce carton dairy sour cream
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Place the potatoes and the onion in a large saucepan and add just enough water to cover.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and cook for 15 minutes; drain well and return mixture to the pan.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the sour cream, Monterey Jack cheese, cheddar cheese, salt, and red pepper to the potato mixture and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a 2-quart baking dish and place in the oven for 30 minutes. Serve warm.