- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
These ‘burgers’ are made by swapping traditional hamburger buns for two large portobello mushroom caps. Add some sliced mozzarella and fresh oregano between each ‘bun,’ and you have yourself a delicious mushroom burger.
- 4 Portobello mushrooms, rinsed and patted dry
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 ounces mozzarella, thinly sliced
- A few sprigs of fresh oregano
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brush the mushroom caps with olive oil, rub with the crushed garlic and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Divide the sliced mozzarella and oregano sprigs between two mushroom caps, and then close each burger with the remaining portobello tops.
- Transfer the mushroom burgers to the prepared pan and then place in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and serve immediately.