- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 8 servings
Some say Jerusalem artichoke, others say sunchoke. These versatile root vegetables - in season October through March - have a crisp texture and can be added to salads, side dishes and sautes.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 pounds Jerusalem artichokes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, plus more to dot the top
- Fill a pot with water and add lemon juice and artichoke pieces. Bring to a boil and let cook about 20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Combine artichokes, potatoes, and salt in the same pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook about 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place artichokes and potatoes back in pot and mash in sour cream and butter. Spoon mixture into an oven-safe casserole dish. Dot top of mixture with more butter and bake for 35 minutes or until top is golden. Serve warm alongside beef or poultry.