- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 22 min
- Total: 37 min
- Serving: Makes about 12 cupcakes
These macaroni and cheese ‘cupcakes’ are usually a big hit with kids and a great way to sneak some veggies into their diets. Use whole-wheat pasta for an even more nutritious version.
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 zucchini, chopped
- 1-2 cups whole wheat bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and then place into a large bowl.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, spray a cupcake tin with cooking spray and then sprinkle with some breadcrumbs.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, zucchini, provolone, cheddar and a few pinches of salt and pepper to the pasta. Toss well to combine.
- Place about 3 tablespoons of the pasta mixture into each muffin tin, drizzle with a bit of olive oil and then top with some Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Place the tin in the oven for about 12 minutes and then remove and allow to cool before gently removing the ‘cupcakes’ to serve.