- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6
Serve Baked Ham and Cheese Focaccia Sandwich with a steaming bowl of Minestrone soup. Bellisimo!
- 1 herb flavored focaccia bread, approx. a 12 inch round
- 6 tablespoons prepared Italian dressing
- 6 ounces Provolone cheese, sliced
- 8 ounces ham, thinly sliced
- 1, 7 ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1, 6 ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leave
- 4 ounces Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. With a serrated knife, slice focaccia crosswise in half. Brush cut surfaces with Italian dressing. Place bottom layer, cut side up, on large piece of aluminum foil. Layer bread with Provolone, ham, peppers and artichoke hearts; sprinkle with basil leaves. Top with Mozzarella slices; close with top half of focaccia.
- Wrap foil around bread and bake until sandwich is hot and cheese has melted, about 20 minutes. Cool slightly; cut into wedges to serve.