- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 23 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Ciabatta is an Italian white bread that is also known as ‘slipper bread’ due to its somewhat flat shape. Enjoy it mixed with parmesan cheese and used to coat hake fillets in this simple main dish recipe.
- 4 7-ounce pieces hake, whiting, or cod fillet
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnishing
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup torn ciabatta
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Place the parmesan, ciabatta and garlic into a food processor and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped. Remove and transfer to a shallow bowl.
- Brush the fish fillets with olive oil, sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and pepper and then dredge in the ciabatta mixture. Press firmly to coat and then place the coated fish in the prepared baking dish.
- Drizzle the fish with oil and then place in the oven for 8 minutes or until golden in color and cooked through. Serve garnished with the fresh parsley.