- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 1-2 People
Nothing gets a young mind ready for school like a delicious breakfast. This year, get your child prepared and alert in the morning with some great back-to-school recipes from Mrs. Butterworth's, the thick, rich and buttery syrup that has been brightening up breakfast tables for generations.
Mrs. Butterworth's has always enjoyed making kids smile and has been working overtime to make sure her loving fans get some new, exciting ways to enjoy the morning.
Whether it's a breakfast pleasure or an afternoon snack, this recipe for baked grapefruit with cinnamon and syrup, created by celebrity chef, Kevin Roberts, will make your mouth water. Kevin, also known as the "The Food Dude," is author of "Munchies and Kissing in the Kitchen," media personality, executive chef and owner of three successful restaurants, and host of TLC's "BBQ Pitmasters."
Just when you think, "breakfast is boring," try these fun and fresh ideas that might just become your favorite before school dish!
- 1 large grapefruit, halved
- 1 teaspoon, Mrs. Butterworth's Original Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat toaster oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut grapefruit in half. spread syrup over top of grapefruit; spread the cinnamon on each half.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until roasted and soft, let cool, and cut into quarters.