- Prep: 14 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This is a simple yet flavorful salad which can be served as an appetizer salad, or doubled and served as a lunch or supper entrée.
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil to grease dish
- 5 cups mesclun
- 1 cup packed chopped mixed fresh herbs (parsley, sage, dill, tarragon)
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1, 4-ounce log goat cheese
- 1/4 cup vinaigrette of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease a small baking sheet with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Place the greens and chopped herbs in a large salad bowl and put in the refrigerator.
- In a small, shallow bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs with the thyme and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- In another shallow bowl, add the breadcrumbs and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cut off 4, 1/2-inch slices from the goat cheese log and dip into the olive oil and then dredge in the breadcrumbs. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the greens with vinaigrette and divide evenly between 4 plates. Put a piece of baked cheese in the middle of each salad and serve immediately.