- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 6
If you run out of fruit, drizzle the nut sauce on salads, or cooked grains. Walnuts or almonds can be toasted and pureed for an equally decadent effect.
- 2 pounds ripe fruit
- Juice of a small lemon (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- Juice of a lime (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch or two of sugar
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or pignoli, toasted
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of fresh ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss peach halves with citrus juice, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve in dessert bowls and drizzle with sauce.