- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 8 People
Baked French toast is a sweet treat to serve for breakfast.
- 1 loaf French bread, cut diagonally in 1-inch slices
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1-1/3 cups brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Arrange slices of bread in bottom of greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Combine eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon, mixing thoroughly.
- Pour over bread slices and refrigerate overnight, covered.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup. Heat to a light boil.
- Pour over bread and egg mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 40 minutes.