- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 8 People
If you see the word, "Florentine," in a recipe you can bet you'll see spinach in the list of ingredients. This recipe makes an easy to prepare breakfast, brunch, or lunch entrée.
- 2 cups cooked spinach, well drained, seasoned to taste with salt and pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter 8 small ramekins, souffle dishes, or custard cups. Spread each dish with a layer of spinach on the bottom and going up the sides.
- Mix cream and hot sauce. Pour about 1 tablespoon of the cream mixture over spinach in each dish. Break 1 egg into each cup, then top with another tablespoon of cream.
- Mix Swiss and Parmesan cheeses together. Divide cheese mixture over the top of the 8 cups.
- Place filled cups in a water bath (a baking pan filled halfway up the sides of the cups with boiling water). Bake for about 10 minutes, or until egg whites are completely cooked (if you don't like your yolks runny, cook longer).