- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes about 16 slices
This recipe for baked eggplant strips can be used for Involtini di Melanzane, or ‘eggplant rolls’ in English. Roll each cooked eggplant slice around the contents of your choice and serve as an appetizer or as a main dish.
- 2 eggplants, thinly sliced lengthwise into 1/3-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- Prepare the oven broiler.
- Place the sliced eggplant on a baking sheet, taking care not to overlap, and brush with the olive oil. Sprinkle the eggplant with some sea salt and place under the broiler for 10 minutes, flipping the slices once halfway through the cooking time.