- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Serves 4 people
This is a light and fresh recipe. Baked Cod with Mustard Marinade makes a wonderful dinner served with a side of steamed vegetables. Any firm, white fish fillets can be substituted for cod.
- 1-1/2 pounds of cod
- 1/2 cup of smooth or coarse Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1-2 teaspoons of prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons of grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse and dry the fish and place the fillets skin-side down in a lightly oiled baking pan.
- Whisk all the remaining ingredients together in a small mixing bowl, or by using a small food processor.
- Pour the marinade over the fish, turning the fillets to coat both sides. Set aside in the refrigerator for 20-60 minutes.
- Place the baking pan, uncovered, in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the fish is tender and flakes with a fork.