- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 2 hr
- Total: 2 hr 15 min
- Serving: Serves 8 to 10
The prep time for this meal is actually extremely quick and involves putting everything into a baking dish and calling it a day. The perfect Sunday dish when you would rather be lounging around with the family, rather than working in the kitchen.
- 10 chicken breast halves
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 package slivered almonds
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, or chicken stock
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly butter a casserole baking dish, or alternatively, spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small sauté pan, lightly toast almonds on medium-high heat until barely golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Spread chicken in the dish, allowing pieces to overlap only slightly if necessary. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with 2/3 of the almonds.
- In a bowl, mix the soups with the wine and pour over the chicken. Spread the Parmesan cheese on top of the chicken, as well as the remaining almonds. Bake uncovered for 2 hours.