- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 6
Baked Chicken and Mushroom Risotto is a homey one dish family meal.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 3, 14 1/2 ounce cans, chicken broth, warmed
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet over high heat until hot. Add chicken strips; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove chicken and mushrooms from skillet, leaving juices in skillet; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil and butter in skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic. Cook 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add rice; cook and stir 5 minutes. Slowly add warm chicken broth to rice mixture; stir. Return chicken and mushrooms to skillet. Stir in thyme; cover with lid.
- Bake, covered, 18 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender (there will be a lot of unabsorbed liquid in skillet). Remove from oven; stir in Parmesan cheese and peas. Cover and let stand 15 minutes or until broth is aborbed. Stir well before serving. Top with additional cheese, if desired.