- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 2-4 People
This recipe for baked cheese grits gives you a twist on a Southern classic that your family will love.
- 1 cup grits
- 3 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup Kraft sandwich spread
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 6 American cheese slices, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Stir grits slowly into boiling water; reduce heat to medium-low; cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until grits begin to thicken.
- Stir in sandwich spread and eggs; add 2 of the processed cheese slices; stir until completely melted; add garlic powder, salt, and paprika. Pour into 9-inch square nonstick baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Cut remaining 4 processed cheese slices into small squares; arrange on top of grits; bake an additional 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Cool 1 hour. Cut into 2-inch squares.