- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: Makes 2 rounds.
The rich, nutty flavor of California walnuts complements the velvety texture of the Brie. Serve with crackers, crisp apples wedges and grapes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/3 cup diced red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped California walnuts
- 2 round Brie cheeses
- Salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan heat oil, butter, and curry powder over medium heat. Add red pepper and green onion and sauté 2 to 3 minutes; stir in walnuts, cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Place Brie in an ovenproof serving dish. Divide walnut mixture evenly and place on top of rounds.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese just starts to melt.