- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Serves 4
A simple yet hearty meal with a lot of substance and flavor, eat these baked beans as a side dish or fill up a big bowl and have it as your main meal.
- 1-1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 large can of pinto beans
- Garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Put the beans in a large pot and place over medium heat to warm.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and brown the ground turkey, about 6 minutes. Add the onion, celery and green peppers and continue to cook until the onions become translucent and soft.
- Empty the beans into the sauté pan and mix all of the ingredients together until well blended. Simmer the beans, half-covered, for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper, garlic powder and sugar into the bean mixture and stir well. Serve hot.