- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 hr
- Total: 10 hr 30 min
- Serving: 10
Great to serve in a bread bowl.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 1/2 pound lean ground round
- 1 can vegetarian beans in tomato sauce (16 oz.)
- 1 can vegetarian baked beans (16 oz.)
- 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained (16 oz.)
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- 1/3 tsp. maple flavoring
- In a skillet saute onions and bacon.
- Stir mixture on occasion.
- Add the ground round and cook until browned.
- Stir on occasion.
- Spoon the mixture to a crock pot.
- In a large bowl stir the beans in tomato sauce.
- Add brown sugar, liquid smoke and maple flavoring. Pour contents into a crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours (high4 to 6 hours).
- Stir and serve.