- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 6
Baked Apple Doughnuts are baked in muffin tins and then rolled in butter and sugar.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, nutmeg
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup apple, unpeeled, grated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Sift first 4 ingredients and 1/2 cup sugar together in bowl. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Stir in egg, milk and apple, mixing well.
- Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Mix 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Remove doughnuts from pan and roll in butter, then in sugar mixture.