- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 8 servings
A bottle of white Bordeaux pairs well with this recipe for baked pork chops that are prepared in traditional Italian style.
- 8 pork chops
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter cut into small pieces, plus some for greasing pan
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking dish with butter.
- Place the parsley, garlic, breadcrumbs, cheese, salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne into a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Put the lightly beaten eggs into a shallow bowl.
- Dip the chops in the egg, dredge in the breadcrumb mixture and then brown in a hot, buttered skillet over medium-high heat for 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chops to the buttered pan, drizzle with olive oil and then top with the pieces of butter. Place the pan in the oven and bake the chops for 25 minutes. Serve immediately.