- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 6
Unique extras turn a can of tuna into a satisfying mix that dresses up halves of toasty whole grain bagels.
- Tuna Salad
- 1 (12 ounce) can albacore tuna, packed in water, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 sweet pickle, chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 large green onion, chopped (about Â¼ cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 pinches of cayenne
- Juice of a lime
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grainy brown mustard
- Torn leaves of romaine
- 3 (4 ounce each) whole grain bagels, halved, toasted
- In a medium bowl, mix the Tuna salad ingredients until well combined.
- Lay lettuce leaves on toasted bagel halves.
- Top with tuna mixture and serve open faced.