- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Serves 4 people
Bacon Wrapped Scallops with Brown Butter is a simple, elegant and delicious recipe. Serve as a special appetizer or as part of your main dish with steamed asparagus or another fresh vegetable.
- 12 strips of bacon
- 12 large scallops
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup unsalted sweet butter
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat your broiler. Wrap a strip of bacon around each scallop around the top (not sides) of the scallop.
- Cut the butter into large pieces and add it to a saute pan over low heat. Meanwhile, broil the scallops with the bacon facing up. This will help protect the scallop from over cooking. It should only take a few minutes to cook. Once cooked, set aside and keep warm.
- Allow the butter to turn a nutty brown color, swirling it occasionally. As it begins to foam and turn dark, take it off the heat and add the lemon juice. Note: When you add the lemon juice it will actively bubbly up and sizzle.
- Arrange the scallops on warmed plates and garnish with parsley. Season with pepper and immediately pour the lemon butter on top.