- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 11 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
You don’t have to add the cooked bacon to the vinaigrette but it does add additional texture and flavor.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- salt to taste
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crispy, and then remove with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Crumble once cool enough to handle.
- Place the bacon drippings into a bowl with the olive oil, cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, pepper and a pinch of salt. Whisk the mixture vigorously to blend and then serve immediately.