- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 21 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Crispy, crumbled bacon creates the perfect contrast to creamy and mild avocado drizzled with a sweet-tart butter-based sauce. Serve as an appetizer or as the first course of a meal in place of a traditional salad.
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 medium avocados, ripe and unpeeled
- Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- Place the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook for about 6 minutes until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and cool before crumbling.
- In the meantime, place the butter, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic and soy sauce into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Slice the avocados in half and then remove the pits. Brush each avocado half with lemon juice to prevent browning and then fill with the crumbled bacon.
- Drizzle the stuffed avocados with the prepared butter sauce and then serve immediately.