- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 12 muffins
Old fashioned bacon cornbread muffins from scratch.
- 12 slices bacon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a muffin pan.
- Fry the bacon until crisp. Drain.
- Mix together the eggs, milk and fat. Beat until well mixed.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and mix in with the liquid. Crumble the bacon, and stir into the mixture.
- Pour into the prepared pans and bake for 20 minutes.