- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 12 servings
A simple way to dress up a french bread loaf for dinner.
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf unsliced French bread
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut the loaf into 1-inch slices, careful not to cut all the way through to the bottom. Place on a piece of foil.
- Mix together the bacon and cheese and sprinkle between the slices. Pour the butter over the top of the loaf, allowing some to get between the slices.
- Tightly wrap the foil around the loaf. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve hot.