- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Brioche bread is a type of French bread with a high egg and butter content. As a result, it has a rich taste and tender texture that is truly delicious. Enjoy topped with these bacon burgers and roasted onions.
- 2 medium red onions, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 slices of thick-cut bacon, 12 ounces
- 3 pounds mixed ground chuck and ground sirloin
- 12 ounces brie, sliced
- 8 brioche burger buns, split
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the onions on a baking sheet, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and roast for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, place the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and then cut each slice in half once cool enough to handle.
- Prepare a gill on medium heat.
- Sprinkle the ground beef with salt and pepper and form into 8 patties. Place the patties onto the grill and cook for 5 minutes; flip the burgers, top with the brie and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Place the cooked burgers onto the buns and then top with the bacon and the roasted onions. Serve immediately.