- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 24
The best combo in America makes a great hot appetizer---Bacon and Tomato Squares.
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 3 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1, 10 ounce can refrigerated flaky biscuits
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl except biscuits. Set aside.
- Separate biscuits into 2 thinner halves. Press biscuit halves into bottom of a 9 by 13 inch pan, pushing them together to cover bottom completely. Spread bacon mixture on top. Bake 25-30 minutes or until puffed and golden. Cut into 24 squares.