- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 9 min
- Total: 19 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Add a spicy twist to your classic, all-American grilled cheese sandwich by adding pimentos or roasted red peppers to the cheese filling.
- 1 pound cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small jar pimentos, or 1/2 cup diced roasted red peppers
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- sliced bread
- 6 slices bacon
- In a medium-sized frying pan, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp around the edges. Transfer bacon to a paper towel to drain and crumble into pieces.
- Drain the excess bacon fat from the pan, leaving enough to fry the sandwiches.
- In a small bowl, add the bacon, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, pimentos and a few drops of Tabasco sauce and mix until ingredients are well blended.
- Put the sandwiches together by generously spreading the cheese mixture on one slice of the bread and topping with the second slice.
- Place the sandwiches in the frying pan over medium-high, and fry until golden brown and crispy. Remove from the pan and serve immediately.