- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 17 min
- Total: 27 min
- Serving: Serves 4
This ‘high-end’ hash is made from a hearty mix of Brussels sprouts, bacon and fingerling potatoes. Serve as a side to grilled or baked chicken.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 pints Brussels sprouts, cut in 1/2
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, split down the middle
- 1/2 pound red pearl onions, peeled
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- Place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Place the bacon and thyme in the pan and cook for 6 minutes. Remove bacon and place on paper towels to drain. When cool, roughly chop into pieces.
- Put the Brussels sprouts, potatoes and pearl onions into the pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper and then sauté for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock and continue to cook the mixture until the liquid has evaporated.
- Poor in the balsamic vinegar and mix well. Continue to cook for 2 minutes then remove from heat. Stir in the parsley and bacon and serve immediately.