- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 8 servings
Make this delicious casserole with everyone's favorite ingredients: potatoes, blue cheese and bacon. It's sure to please even the pickiest crowds.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/4 cups crumbled blue cheese
- 12 large new potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 pound cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen broccoli
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and coat a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Heat butter in a medium pot until melted. Whisk in flour, onion powder, salt and pepper. Then whisk in milk. Continue whisking until thickened. Stir blue cheese into mixture and stir until cheese has melted and combined.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in layers in prepared casserole dish. Top with bacon and broccoli then pour cheese sauce overtop.
- Cover casserole with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove casserole and uncover. Sprinkle breadcrumbs overtop then bake another 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes before serving.