- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: Serves 4-6
Hearty, spicy and just delicious for a cold fall night, serve this soup with a thick slice of fresh country bread.
- 1 package spicy sausage, uncased
- 7 medium red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 bag baby spinach
- Slice the uncased sausage into cubes and then place in a large soup pot. Brown the sausage over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes and then remove form pot and set aside.
- Sauté the onions and garlic in the sausage fat (add 1 tablespoon olive oil if there is not fat) until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Drop in the potatoes and season the mixture with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 15 minutes until the potatoes are soft yet tender.
- Add the sausage and heat for 3 more minutes until heated through. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Ladle into bowls and serve warm.